HOW POWER AND OPPRESSION AND CONFLICTS WORK

HOW POWER, OPPRESSION, AND CONFLICTS WORK

I have 3 sons. They play together well 75% of the time. The other 25% of the time, one son provokes the other son, and the other son lashes out.

Normally the more powerful son (physically or psychologically) does the provoking, the weaker son lashes out in response. Then the powerful son responds with violence, and the weaker son responds with either crying or with more violence.

I listen to both of them and then come up with a resolution. That’s how power works, and how conflict works. We are not called to marvel at it, but we don’t have to ignore it or act like its not there. We are not called to take sides, but to judge both sides righteously.

Ecclesiastes 5:8
If thou seest the oppression of the poor, and violent perverting of judgment and justice in a province, marvel not at the matter: for he that is higher than the highest regardeth; and there be higher than they.

THIS IS HOW LIES AND CONFUSION WORK:
“He hit me first!”
“No, He Hit Me First!”
“We’re Right. They’re Wrong!”
“He’s a Dictator. We’re Not!”

which-kingdom-are-you-in

Don’t Fall for Political and Media Manipulators.

Christians would be wise not to take sides in political battles of evil vs evil. Truth doesn’t take sides. Truth speaks up for the oppressed (Proverbs 31). As Christians we are also called to comfort the oppressed (Ecclesiastes 4:1) But truth does not fight earthly-minded battles of evil vs evil.. Truth warns both sides about God’s Judgement on sin and iniquity.

Gods Wisdom in Solomon on DIVISION

Gods Wisdom in Solomon on DIVISION:
In conflicts, you’ll find that the one who is willing to “split the baby in half” is the one who is the thief, and the true cause of the confusion and conflict and division.

True Humility:
If you are 90% right and 10% wrong, you should be able to correct the 10% of yourself that is wrong. Because you fear the Lord, and you are more concerned with pleasing Him than winning an argument and manipulating the eyes of men.